Free Spool Lever
The Islander MR2-LA’s frame side free spool lever allows you to disengage the drag system to quickly drop your gear to the desired depth without the need to adjust your drag. Anglers who are particular about their drag settings appreciate the simplicity as it lets them set their drag once and forget about it.
Silky Smooth Cork Drag
Over the last couple decades, Islander’s cork drags have probably caught more salmon than any other system off the coast of British Columbia…And for good reason. The properties of our drag ensure that when even the biggest chinook goes for a run, you have enough stopping power to slow it down and enough smoothness to apply consistent fish fighting pressure.
Large Arbor For Quick Retrieve
The MR2LA’s spool features a large arbor which increases your retrieval rate so that when that silver torpedo makes a run at the boat you’ve got the pick up to stay on him. The design also eliminates the need for backing while still providing you with enough capacity for the longest of runs.
Limited Two Year Warranty
Islander offers a limited 2 year warranty against manufacturer defects. For a period of two years after the date of purchase, Islander Reels warrants this reel against any failure due to defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty is valid only if the reel has been cleaned and maintained according to the Maintenance Instructions. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only. This warranty does not cover normal wear, misuse, or loss. Nor does this warranty cover damage due to: improper use or improper assembly, improper/inadequate cleaning or improper/inadequate maintenance.
- Free Spool Lever – Get your line to depth with the flick of a lever.
- Cork Drag – The silky smooth drag that has made Islanders famous across the salmon fishing world
- Large Arbor Spool Design – Provides quick line pick up and eliminates the need for backing
- Right Hand Retrieve – The free spool feature necessitates a single-handed retrieve design
- Machined Out of Aerospace Grade Aluminum – Every Islander reel starts as a solid puck of aluminum before CNC machines turn it into a finished product.
- Hand-Polished Mirror Finish – We spare no detail in crafting the finest reels which is why each reel is buffed by hand to eliminate machine lines and other imperfections.
- Two Year Warranty – Against any failure due to defects in materials or workmanship (see warranty section for full details)
- Made in Canada – Proudly designed, machined, built and tested on Vancouver Island
Sorry, no documents are available.