The newest addition to the Nautilus family is the CCF-X2. The multiple award winning dual action CCF-X2 drag system features twice the drag strength (20lbs+), twice the smoothness and half the startup inertia as the former CCF.
The CCF-X2 is featured in 4 sizes – the 6/8, 8/10, 10/12 and Silver King. All reels feature the made-for-fish fighting, big game handle and are fully sealed using our proprietary Activseal technology. Other components included in the CCF-X2 line are hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob to adjust the smoothest drag from zero to max in 6 full turns with our Infinajust system.
The 6/8 is a 4-inch large arbor 6-8 weight reel. For more line pick up, the 8/10 is a great 8 weight with almost 12 inches of line pick up with a WF8 line per turn of the handle. The 4.5-inch 8/10 and 10/12 reels share the same frame and the spools can be interchanged for a set up that covers 8 to 12 weight lines with just an extra spool.
The Silver King is the latest addition to the CCF-X2 line and is the world’s lightest 5-inch diameter true big game reel on the market. This dominator of all things silver picks up 14-inches of line per turn of the handle and will reel in your prize like none other.
In addition, this reel is fully sealed and loaded with hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob with Infinadjust range settings.
SPEY: We have always closely followed the evolution and growth of Spey fishing, and we now have yet another first for the fly fishing world: The Speyrings. As in every reel we design, we look to the past to make sure we don’t get stuck in it. The Spey world started to look back at full frame reels when they began using thinner running lines (0.025 diameter and less) as these full frames prevented the lines from slipping out of the frame. The problem we saw with full frame reels was the tremendous additional weight that required consumers to purchase dedicated reels for their Spey adventures (or fish thicker running lines over .030-inch diameter). Problem: Money and weight.
Our foresight in 2008 led to our Spey-specific spools for the NV line of reels, designed to prevent thin lines from slipping out and to lower the cost without adding much weight. Instead of purchasing a reel, all you needed was a Spey spool for your 8, 10 or 12 weight reel.
As the years passed and the market embraced this new concept, we kept thinking forward and now have a great solution that we are introducing with the Silver King: the Speyrings.
The Speyrings are four little rings that snap on the frame in key spots of the reel in mere seconds and close the frame/spool gap to 0.003-inch to barely let light through. Now we solved it all: running lines don’t slip out, and it costs nothing more while performing flawlessly. And you don’t have to purchase an entirely separate setup for your Spey or salt trip.
One reel fits all and dominates all while outperforming all others: The Silver King.
- CCFX2 DISC BRAKE: The CCF-X2 Disc Braking System is an upgraded, stronger, lighter version of the Cork and Carbon Fiber brake of its predecessor. It features twice the drag surface in a dual action brake configuration. Coupled with hybrid ceramic bearings, the reel delivers less than 1% startup inertia at all drag settings. This brake unit is feather light and can be easily switched from RH to LH retrieve. The Brembo® brakes of fly fishing.
- ACTIVSEAL: Perpetually repels contaminants from braking system.
- HOOKER: Wrap your line or hang your fly on it (*optional accessory)
- GIGA: The Uber arbors of fly fishing reels. Reel in more than a foot per turn of the handle. A unique design feature of these spools is grooves that let the bottom of the backing breathe to promote faster drying. The giga arbors have redefined large arbor reel design.
- LASER-ID: This has become a favorite product to come out of the Nautilus think-tank. We laser etch a white spot to the inside of the spool which leaves a textured surface that can be written on. Use a thin permanent marker to write on the line weight or any other information you need. No more washed out or peeled off line stickers. If you ever need to change it, wipe it off with alcohol for a blank slate.
- INFINADJUST: The over sized CCF-X2 drag knob features the InfinAdjust drag control system: six turns of the drag knob take you from zero to 20+lbs to allow you to precisely adjust your drag tension without fear of over adjusting.
Sorry, we have yet to setup these items in our store. Please call 800-663-6407 for assistance.
Sorry, no documents are available.