The vast majority of trout fishing situations involve casts of less than 60 feet, usually far shorter. And when you're working a fish closer in, success often depends on your ability to make gentle, delicate, accurate presentations. For this reason, many experienced anglers consider our WT rods to be the perfect choice for such fishing. With progressive tapers, they work nicely at close distances yet can make longer casts when needed. Proven on trout waters worldwide, these medium-action graphite rods are incredibly smooth, offer wonderful touch and feel, and the tips are soft enough to protect 6x and 7x tippets while playing large trout.
Shop for Winston WT
- 2-WEIGHT -Designed for casting to smaller trout at shorter distances, these rods will allow you to make very delicate presentations with tiny dry flies.
- 3-WEIGHT -A marvelous choice for spring creeks or very technical water, these 3-weights excel at short to medium distances when there's not much wind.
- 4-WEIGHT -The 4-weights have enough power to handle larger dries and even some wind. The "Tom Morgan Favorite"? is a great spring creek rod.
- 5-WEIGHT -Dries. Droppers. Streamers. Very versatile, our 5-weights let you adjust to a wide variety of fishing conditions without having to change rods.
- 6-WEIGHT -A rod that can handle the wind without sacrificing any touch and feel. Ideal for streamer and nymph fishing, or casting bigger patterns like hoppers, damselflies and crickets.
Sorry, no documents are available.